Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Window Frame Jewelry Holder

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

Rummaging around in the dark corners of my laundry room, I found an old window frame that had been in the laundry room door.  The laundry room door used to be the door to the outside while the builder lived in the basement and finished building the main level.  At some point is was taken out and left behind the water heater.  A year and a half later, I finally figured out what to do with it...

I turned it into a jewelry holder...
It was white with grease stains on it.  I used sandpaper to get rid of the grease and painted it a country blue.  I smashed out the center pain and painted the other panes porcelain white...
After letting it dry, I attached screen mesh to the center pane using staples.  Husband and I then attached knobs to the bottom part of the frame to hold necklaces and cup hooks on the side and in the middle.  Now I was ready for the fun stuff:  decorating it!

I attached this flower to the mesh with a polka dot brad...
I then glued on all the ribbon and paper accents:

I am a HUGE bird fan...
My daughter suggested some butterfly whimsy...
I also added some of my favorite current photos of my children and can change them whenever I want.  I hung my open hook earrings on the mesh, closed hook earrings of the small hooks and necklaces on the knobs.

I just love how it turned out and hope it gives you some inspiration with putting old and beautiful window frames to good use.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full of gold, I love it!

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to slip off my shoes, be me, and drench myself in God's goodness.

    Splashing,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice jewelry holder Denisa. Thanks for inviting me to your site when you checked out my bed spring jewelry holder.

    I'll look around and check out your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi found through a comment you left on Paisley Passion's blog a while back. You mentioned that you had the same black & white damask shower curtain that she has & I was curious about where you found yours. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete