Friday, September 24, 2010

Quick Update

I've been away for a little while, but it has been for good reasons.  We have company and they are going to stay a total of two weeks.  They will be leaving on Wed., so we are trying to squeeze as much into our days as possible.

I will post my ATC swap card as soon as I can.  I have been a bit short on the time required to transfer the photo from my camera to my computer.  I received a lovely fall card from Peggy.  She is a mighty talented lady and is a true artist.  You can see her artwork at her blog dayofthelily.blogspot.com

We began our homeschool co op today and it was amazing to see how much it has grown since last year.  There were truly kids underfoot at all times.  It will be an exciting year and I look forward to getting to know the new mothers and their children.  We actually have some "older" kids this year and it will be nice to have them around to add a fresh perspective.  I will start teaching "The Love of Literature" next week.  That's just the title they have my little segment of time.  I will be reading some of my favorite picture books each week and then we will share our thoughts on how Jesus would like us to apply the message to our lives.  I will only be doing it for four weeks, but I'm really looking forward to it.  It will be nice to see us gel as a group as the weeks add up.  It is so encouraging to see God grow our little group into a larger one.

DH is out of town for a week and a half.  After my bout with pneumonia, it is actually nice to have company to keep us busy and to help us get back into the swing of things.  We miss Daddy, but the kids are busy and this helps them to not be weepy.

I have been battling morning sickness and the doctor prescribed something to help me today.  All I can say is "WONDER DRUG!!!"  It has been so nice this afternoon to not feel like I could make my bed next to the toilet and just lay there for the next six months. 

I am so thankful for God's faithfulness.  He has been with us every step of the way this summer and it has been so amazing and encouraging to see how His timing truly is perfect.  So often, I can get ahead of the Lord and then wonder why I keep falling on my face.  This summer, my circumstances didn't allow for me to get ahead of the Lord and I am so in awe of the beauty of His timing and provision.  Unworthy, but truly blessed I am. 

Have a wonderful weekend and I will try to pop in again really soon.

Blessings to you and yours,

1 comment:

  1. I am on retreat this week-end and our topic is "Mysticism, just what is it and why do we care?" It is living each hour of each day with a knowledge that God walks with you and being aware that He is there constantly. No need to stop for an hour of prayer to be in communion with Him. Life is a constant prayer if we choose to make it so. Your post today is so full of trust and faith I ask your prayer for a blessed retreat for us. blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete