Friday, September 10, 2010

Life definitely waits for no one. 

I had another ER visit on Tues. night.  By late evening, I was experiencing severe pain in my ribs.  After my long battle with pneumonia, I knew that something was up.  I figured it was Pleurisy.  Ten years ago I had it and you never forget that kind of pain.  So, off we went to the ER to see what we could do about the pain and to see if I needed more meds.  Our first attempt to get help was a complete disaster.  We went to out local ER, which services a little over 2,000 people.  The doctor was on call, so I told the nurse what was going on and he stepped out to call the doctor to have him come in and see me.  After a few brief moments, the nurse came back and said that the doctor wasn't coming in because he thought it was just pregnancy pain and that I was fine to go home.  I came unglued.  This was NOT pregnancy pain.  This is my 6th healthy pregnancy and I know what pregnancy pain is.  The nurse agreed that the doctor was probably wrong, but that there was nothing that he could do.  Both DH and I were very upset.  He might as well have diagnosed me with Stupid Woman Syndrome.  So, we let our anger guide us down the road 40 miles to another ER. 

This new doctor took me seriously.  He took x rays and in the end, agreed with my guess of Pleurisy.  He said that the infection in my lungs had pushed itself into the lining between my lungs and ribs and was causing them to run together, hence the pain.  I didn't need anymore antibiotics, but he did give me some nice pain killers. 

Needless to say, I will be dealing formally with my original ER doctor.  This is his second misdiagnosis of me, sight unseen and I've had enough.

On the brighter side...I am finally starting to feel like my old self again.  I still have to take it easy and my lungs are still weak, but I'm starting to some out of my sickly haze.  God has sustained us and I am so thankful.  It has been a month of serious illness and we are all looking forward to life getting back to normal...actually, it has already started to...

On Wednesday...life marched on.  I was enjoying my drug induced haze when the kids came upstairs screaming something about flapping and bird.  Apparently, there was a bird in one of the bedrooms.  The only thoughts I could muster were:  How in the world did a bird get in the house and am I up for catching it?  I stumbled downstairs and sure enough, there was a tiny bird hanging out behind the furniture. 

My biggest dilemma was catching the bird before one of the cats did.  The bird had settled right behind the couch and the cats were under the couch.  One of the cats decided to come out and investigate and stuck it's head out right where the bird was.  The bird freaked but thankfully settled in a place that made it easy for me to swoop down and grab it.  I took the bird outside and it wasted no time flying away.  The kids pointed out the hole in the screen to me where they bird may have entered into the house.  While I was away in the hospital, one of our cats figured out that if it clawed at the screen, it could escape the the great outdoors.  This was a second screen that I had been unaware of .  Needless to say, the window is now closed and the cat has been warned within inches of it's life to knock it off.  Yea, right.

I'm thankful that life hasn't stood still.  I'm thankful that I can trust God for my complete recovery and that it seems to be just around the corner.  However, I am not looking forward to tackling that huge pile of laundry threatening to take over the basement.  Alas, I must charge into the fray within the next few days or the clothes may revolt. 

Have a wonderful weekend!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh the wonders of a healthy, happy houseful of kiddos. Had my six. So glad you are feeling better. Also it is a sorry day when your MD won't come in to help. Wish I could be there to help.
    Qmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit. So sorry you had the wrong diagnosis...but thankful you moved on to find a doctor who got to the bottom of your pain. Praying for complete healing. Will read some of your previous posts and get caught up in your life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denisa~ I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well. I can relate as I have been in and out of the hospital and although I did not get a wrong diagnosis it took them forever to figure out just how sick I was.

    I came by to see if you had the Sept ATC posted. I will come back.

    If you feel up to it My partner was Debbie and I posted her ATC on Saturday. I also posted my entry for the ATC Holder Challenge last night if you would like to take a peek at them you can at http://scrappingwithsherry.blogspot.com/

    Hope to see you there! I hope that you also get to feeling 100%. I know at times it doesnt feel like it is ever going to happen but it does~ Sherry

    PS. Dont forget to vote for Blissfull's ATC Holder Challenge...

    ReplyDelete