Monday, July 18, 2011

The Heat Is On

Whew!  It is gonna be a hot one today.  I'm so thankful that our basement stays relatively cool, even on the hottest days.  I wish I could say as much for my bedroom.  A blister in the sun is what my bedroom turns into on these hot summer days.  So, when the sun is beating down, we find ourselves hiding out in the basement, playing games, reading, crafting and even watching TV.  While we hide, my tomatoes reach for the sun.  I'm really excited to see little blossoms popping up on the tomatoes and cucumbers.  Yum. 

We roasted s'mores last night and the kids slept out back in our tent.  They did an amazing job.  I was expecting them to be in and out all night, but once they fell asleep, I didn't hear a peep from them.   They earned a second night and are looking forward to doing it all over again.  I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks will be able to go on "real" camping trip.  It would be wonderful to get away for a couple of days. 

The plumber was here bright and early this morning.  We continue to have plumbing problems and will be replacing part of the main line at some point in the near future.  As a family of ten, having water flow is very important.  There is nothing worse than having your laundry room fill with water when ever water is used.  You can only imagine the bathroom traffic we have and the kids are famous for forgetting not to flush.  It made for a very long night 12+ hours as we waited for our friendly plumber to reappear.  We are getting to know the local plumbers quite well.  Ironically, even the plumber would like to have to visit less often, despite the fact that he is making a killing off of us.  We were discussing that we had actually made it ten months since his last visit.  He gently adjusts his bill for us and we appreciate his kindness.  Thankfully we didn't have house guests this time.  We have had visitors in the past when our plumbing backed up and that always makes for an interesting time of fellowship.  Hah!!  Oh, the memories we have.

I just finished reading a wonderful book, Prayers for Sale.  It had me crying within the first 45 pages.  It helped to heal some of my heartache over losing five of my babies before I could even hold them in my arms.  It also had a quilting theme that ran through the story and you know how I am about quilting.  The author has several other books and I am looking forward to reading them.  I highly recommend this book that leaves you a little bit changed once you have finished reading it. 

Try to stay cool as the dog days of summer crawl by.

No comments:

Post a Comment