Monday, January 9, 2012

Ringing In the New Year!

Hmmmm....what have I been up to?  Oh, where do I begin?

We had a wonderful Christmas party and are planning on doing it again next year.  The parents and the kids had a great time and most of the food was devoured as we spent hours in fellowship.  It was a wonderful way to set the tone for celebrating the birth of Jesus and I'm go glad we made the effort to bring people together.

Christmas was wonderful!  Those three words seem to suffice.

I found out the Friday before Christmas that I broke a bone in my foot.  Ouch.  I actually broke it in July when I stumbled into a hole.  The first doctor said it wasn't a break and that with rehab I would be just fine.  That turned out to be the wrong diagnosis.  I ended up just prolonging the healing process.  It took several x rays and an MRI scan to figure out what was going on.  I found out that I actually have an extra bone in my foot and that is what I broke.  The doctor and I, with the help of my family, are trying to get the bone to heal so that I don't have to have surgery to remove the bone.  I am on crutches and am supposed to stay off my foot as much as possible.  With eight children and a home to take care of, there are days where this is proving to be quite difficult.  However, as the days pass, the kids and I are getting better at our system.  I am hopeful that my foot is finally beginning to heal.  I am so thankful for the prayers of my friends and family.

My husband provided an opportunity for us to start the new year off with quite a bit of excitement.  Early in the morning of January 1, my dear hubby came into the room to wake me and tell me that he has somehow managed to flush our daughter's seizure medicine down the toilet.  The only thing I could manage was to squeak a "what?" as I stumbled out of bed.  Oh, my!  Sure enough, the medicine was gone and no matter how far my brave children reached into the toilet to try and grab it, it was beyond our reach.  Our only option was to remove the toilet.  Yikes!

Thankfully, we have wonderful friends that rose to the occasion and came to our rescue.  Dear Hubby and I have no idea how to do something that scary.  They brought a new toilet with them so we could get rid of our ugly pink one and spent the day undoing what Hubby had done.  Needless to say, the medicine went from the toilet to the trash.  We now have a beautiful white toilet and it is a welcome addition.  The family is learning to put the lid down before they flush and hopefully we will never have a repeat of this type of excitement.

The baby is crawling and into everything.  However, his "wild side" is shadowed by the insanity of our puppy, Indie!  That dog is either going to teach me patience on a whole new level or kill me.  I've never had a puppy before and I don't think we will ever have a puppy again.

We also lost one of precious cats, Zena.  We'd had her as part of our family for thirteen years and are always going to miss her.  Her last days were tragic and I pray the vet is a much better doctor now.  The children were amazing and so strong, despite their tears and heartache.  I was in awe of their strength as they said goodbye.  Once Zena had passed, my 8 year old swept her up off the vets table and walked to the van.  WOW!  The kids younger kids didn't even blink and were so strong as we buried her.

On week into the year and the Lord has kept us on our toes and on our knees.  I am excited to see the plans He has for our family as this next year unfolds.  I pray it is a year full of much love, patience, wisdom and growth.

I pray your heart is full of hopeful expectations for this next year.  Be bless and praise the Lord for new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment