Thursday, June 2, 2011

Coupons!!! Cha Ching!!!

Over the last month, the kids and I have been collecting coupons.  With prices at the grocery store soaring, a family our size can use all the help it can get.  We had a few transactions that amounted to about 10 dollars off, but nothing awe inspiring.  I was trying to hang in there, hoping that one day I would actually get to use my coupons on something that was already on sale.  I have been told by several people that those kinds of deals are what makes couponing worth the while, but I had yet to experience it.  Admittedly, if my children hadn't been so excited and helpful with the process,  I probably would have thrown in the towel after feeling the pummel of our food bill each week with only minimal savings. 

I am happy to say that last night we had an amazing coupon experience.  One that has left me in awe and feeling jazzed about the experience and has filled me with coupon hope again.  Earlier in the day, a good friend called and told me of some great sales going on at one of our grocery stores...sales that I could find coupons for... and actually even already had some coupons for.  I printed out the extra coupons, gathered my bag of coupons, loaded the kids into the van and headed into town for our weekly shopping trip.  Dear Hubby joined us and we began our coupon adventure. 

We began with timid spirits, but soon began to get really excited when we figured out we could buy THIRTY boxes of pasta for a quarter each thanks to the sale and coupons.  We were able to buy TEN salad dressings for $1.31 each instead of $3.49 each.  I was also able to stock up on shampoo and conditioner at a fabulous price.  The shampoo and conditioner were regularly $6.99 each.  The shampoos were on sale for $4.99 and I had three coupons for $2 dollars off.  I was able to buy three of them for $2.99 instead of $6.99.  It got even better with the three bottles of conditioner.  They were originally $6.99, on sale for $3.49.  I had three coupons for $2 off and only had to pay $1.49 for each bottle.  The bigger picture:  I could have paid $42 dollars but only paid $13.50!   SWEET!!!  There were other in store deals that we benefited from and ended up saving ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THREE dollars on our total sale.  This came out to a 70% savings.  We are so excited and thankful for this bounty.  The kids were jazzed by all the food we were able to bring home and paid so little for.  We are all looking forward to our next couponing adventure.

We are feeling super blessed and hope and pray that you are feeling the same.  I pray that you are knowing the Lord's bounty in your life as well.

Be blessed. 

I want to thank all the friends and family (and a few strangers) that have been willing to send their unused coupons our way.  We are so thankful and want you to know that we are using them and that they are a huge blessing to us.  I look forward to hopefully having many more opportunities to share our huge savings with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment